Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Work/Life Balance


This may have been the hardest part for me.  I'm not sure where to find the middle ground in everything...

Work. Baby. Husband. Church. Cooking. Cleaning. Exercise. Etc.

Pre-baby I was willing to go in to work early and stay late.  Now I get 3 hours a day with my baby girl (4 right now since she is sick and not sleeping as well).  I need to spend the little sweet time I have with her.  Dave is working a complete opposite schedule from me right now so we can keep Coralie out of day care.  I'm Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm.  He is Tuesday to Saturday 2:30pm to late (I don't know because generally I'm asleep or half asleep when he gets home).  We see each other Saturday mornings, Sundays and Monday evenings.  Sometimes he brings her in to my office to nurse so we'll get maybe 30 minutes that day together.  But this has even cut back to almost never any more because work is just too busy.  I'm the primary secretary in our ward, this has been such a fun calling but now that baby girl is here it definitely consumes more time.

My question for the cyber world is this: how do people do it?  I can't seem to find a balance, my house is a constant mess because that falls to the bottom of the list, I never see Dave and get a smidge jealous of the time he gets with our little monkey moo.  I feel like I'm failing my baby for not being with her, my husband for not being with him, my job because I'm not nearly as committed as I was 7 months ago and really just the rest of my life.

I started this post a month or so ago and of course all of this has been weighing on me like crazy.  I got to a point where I just kept telling myself that this is how life is now.  I read all these articles on work life balance and how women can "have it all" meaning work, have a family, be married and from what I read it seemed all great.  I still couldn't figure out how people could do it.

After some serious thoughts and prayers I've decided my full time job is coming to an end.  I've decided I need to be a stay at home mom starting this summer.  My boss was super, actually more than understanding. After talking to him a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.  Things have been falling in to place day by day.  I'll be working part time at home home, Dave got a promotion along with some other side work.  I couldn't be happier!  To me this is having it all!  I'm excited for this next step and adventure and I can't wait to stay home with my girl!



Here she is! She hit 7 months this last weekend!  Love. Love. Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment