I switched birth controls in January and my cycle stopped all together. I kept calling the doctors and they said that some times your body takes a little bit to adjust. Come March still nothing which was nice and all cuz we weren't trying and weren't planning on it until at least June. I decided to quit taking birth control and hoped my body would get back on track. July rolls around and still nothing is going on, I have to admit it has been a nice break but when I actually want my cycle to be normal it disappears. Come August the medicine starts. I don't like this.
It's November now and I'm still not pregnant. I have been through two rounds of clomid and another medicine which I never remember what it is called and each month it has been increased. They are increasing it again this next week. She told me if it still doesn't work they are going to "refer me out". I didn't ask what that meant so I'm only assuming that means to a fertility center. I don't like the sound of those words, it totally bums me out and makes me nervous and unsure of what will happen and what our options will be. The thought never even entered my head that getting pregnant could be an issue.
On the plus side I have been doing more thinking, reading the scriptures and praying. I know we will have kids one way or another, it may even be the little asian baby I always wanted! I learned a little lesson learned this last week though. It hit me one day - PATIENCE. That is what I need. This is one aspect of my life that will getting a little extra love from me. I need to be more patient. There is only so much I can do for myself and as long as I am doing what I need to do for me everything will work out. In the mean time I will practice patience and wait for my babies to come.
Good for you Roni. I have also had to learn patience on the same subject. I lost my third baby at 23 weeks. I have been trying to have another baby for 3 years. Patience is a hard lesson to learn but like you said, it will work out for you as I know it will for me too. Keep your faith in God strong and know that he has a plan for you that is better than your own plan. Congratulations on the house, good luck with moving and getting settled and all that good stuff!
ReplyDeletei'm sorry Roni...keep you in our prayers. LOVE you!!! need to hang out but i'm sure now with the house you are busier than EVER!!!
ReplyDeletePatience is the hardest lesson!! I know you are going to be an amazing mom!! You have such a great mom as an example! The best advice anyone has ever given me is to appreciate the here and now. Enjoy the time with your husband while it's still just the two of you. Kids are amazing and will change your life in so many ways, it's right around the corner!
ReplyDeleteRoni-I completely feel you. We have been trying since Jan/Feb and still no luck. We are looking at getting tested and heading in the direction you are experiencing right now and I'm really scared! If you ever want someone to vent to about it, I am here. <3
ReplyDelete