We were supposed to close to days ago but since the lady decided to take her time finding a place to move she wasn't out. Now we have to ask for an extension, if the bank doesn't grant it this whole thing is a wash... So stressful and frustrating. But we can only do what we can do. Hopefully we will have keys on Thursday and be moving in the beginning of December still.
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Closing?
Business days at least and me and Dave should have the keys to our new house! It's not new at all, actually it is pretty much as old as I am. It looks old too. The carpet and vinyl are so gross. It has a ton of potential and is like maybe a minute from my parents! We couldn't be more excited to get into something with some more space. We always say we grew out of our apartment before I finished moving in and Dave hadn't put even his toothbrush here yet. It has been a journey though, I don't even know how many homes I looked up online or how many we stepped foot in. I think this was either our third or fourth house we made an offer on before it was accepted. Everything here is either a short sale or a foreclosure and the process of getting a house is L-O-N-G! Some of our contractors flaked out on us last minute and it seems like every day there is some other thing they need. It has been a bit stressful. The lady selling the house has been a little different to work with. She is going through a divorce has some type of medical condition and has owned this home since 1983 so there is quite a bit of emotional attachment along with other emotional things goin on in her life. So I don't think she has appreciated us saying we are going to rip all the flooring, cabinets and counters out and then a few walls are going to be moved around too. One time we were there she broke down crying and kicked us out of the house and locked the door the second we were out... crazzzy! (entertaining though too)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
oh nice you will be in the house by December huh? well we will be down in December, looks like we may visit you late one night..... bahhhhhh ( my evil laugh)
ReplyDeleteTHat is stressful about the house, good luck with it all.
ReplyDeleteI can't even imagine how frustrating that must be! Once you do get in, be sure to take tons of before and after pictures!!
ReplyDeleteThat's too bad -- I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with this! I'm sure your family would "take care of" that lady if you asked them to.
ReplyDelete