Well this last year my body has been way out of wack. I decided that after the holidays my diet was going all nat-ur-al! I had quit drinking soda a couple months ago and been exercising fairly regulary so that was my next plan of action.
We got up to Utah and I started getting these cramps that almost felt like period cramps. I was a week late but what was new? Every period but one last year was medically induced and I had 4 all year. It was nice except for that fact that it was baby making time so I NEEDED one. Hello??? Geez. Well me and Dave kept saying 'maybe I'm pregnant' all week but I dreaded taking a test. I seriously DO NOT know how many I took last year, it could be somewhere between 2 and 3 dozen (no joke). I was getting a little depressed. So I didn't want to take another test just to be let down. Plus the doctor just told me I couldn't have kids (that's what I heard anyway). And doctors know everything, right? Well the cramps kept coming and the period didn't. My boobs starting hurting but I still thought nothing of it. We left my cousins house on December 27th and I decided we'd go get a pee stick on the way home.
Test 1: positive - I open the door (still sitting on the toilet) and tell Dave it was positive.
Luckily for me the box was a 3 pack! Since I was in disbelief I definitely planned on using it up.
Test 2: POSITIVE!
and test 3?? Yup, still positive!!
I was dying DYING to call my mom at 1:00 AM. We knew she'd be up but I had to see the reaction. We kept our secret til the morning when we told his parents. Then we went to his brothers to say bye to everyone there before we started our journey back to AZ. His kids were so excited to have another cousin. The question I got a few times that week from the nieces and nephews was when we were going to have a baby. Next stop: St George to see Tam and Taylor (Dave's sister and her husband). We had the waitress take a pic and instead of "say cheese" she said "Roni's pregnant!" it was fun to see the confusion and excitement on their faces!! We told my family a few days later when we made it back to Phoenix! Ben and Kelsie were excited to get back on the pregnancy diet!
What's even better is I had two more tests at home that needed to be used. I took both of those within the week of getting home. Of course they were all positive! I felt like it was a fake. I NEEDED that doctors appointment so they could say "yup, you're preggy".
I got that confirmation on January 11th. We even got an ultra sound on the first appointment so we got to see the little heart beat of our little bean. We are 8 1/2 weeks and due September 1st. We are beyond excited for this sweet little surprise!!
Luckily there has been zero barfing so far and let's hope it stays that way. I've felt a little nauseous and have definitely had some cravings and the boobs, man they hurt and have gotten huge. Dave loves that part! Here's to natural boob jobs!! I wish I could go to the doctor every week to see what is going on inside my body. I'm thinking a little about waiting until delivery to find out the sex, I'm sure I don't have the self control though. Plus how will we buy buy buy buy and buy so many fun things for the little gremlin. I also want to have a sex party. I saw this thing online where they had the ultra sound person writes down the sex of the baby and puts it in an envelope and then you take that to a bakery and they make a pink or blue cake and they frost it. You cut into it that night with your friends and family to find out, how fun is that?
Call me crazy but I'm kinda hoping for twins too. I know our life would be instant insanity but I think it would be fun!! I doubt we will have them but the medicine I have been on ups the chances for multiples. We'll see...
Let me just name a few things I've craved:
sugar cookies
cinnamon rolls
french fries (hopefully that was a one time thing)
asian food
bagels w/cream cheese
tuna w/crackers
chocolate
I'm so excited for this journey and I just know Dave will be the sweetest little dad. We think our baby is going to be so dang cute too because we look good together!!
love LOve LOVEEEEEEE this <3 and you too! SO super excited for you guys! FINALLY im gunna be an auntie! AND i cant wait for our little ones to be BFF's and for them to play hop scotch in the streets and be so cute together :] LOVE YA!
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOSH!!! I love that you shared that story! You guys are amazing, and I know will just love joining the wonderful world of parenthood! I saw you beautiful mom today and I told her to give you a hug from me, so be sure and collect! Love you guys, and congrats!
ReplyDeleteI love you! You crack me up! I'm so glad I'm not the only who talks about boobs on my blog. Haha. And yes your baby will be adorable! You guys are awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are one AMAZING woman Roni! I am so glad that you are going to have a sweet little bundle of joy! YOU will be a great MOM!
ReplyDeleteThis is such great news. I'm so happy for you two. Talk about a lucky little baby because he or she will have the greatest parents.
ReplyDeleteyay!! congrats!!! how exciting!!!
ReplyDeletesooo excited for you and that we are gonna be due so close together and be prego together:)!!! yea!!! cant wait to hear about your ultrasound and what you are having. I honestly cannot imagine you having anything but a girl, but who knows right:)? congrats again!!! you're gonna b a great little mommy:)
ReplyDeletewe need to hang out or do dinner some weekend night!!!!
Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you. You will be such a good momma. Miss and love you!!
ReplyDelete