Friday, August 30, 2013

Itty Bitty

We had Coralie's one year check up this week.  Four shots...I swear it gets sadder each time and I almost cry each time. She has been on the lower end of the charts at each appointment but this time her weight was so low she wasn't even on the charts!  Time to fatten this little girl up!  The doctor recommended milk, pediasure and something else that I already forgot what it was called because they didn't' have it at the store.  Anyway, I made a trip to Target on my way home from the doctor and got milk and pediasure.  I got the chocolate, banana and some fruit one.  She loves it!  The bottle straight up said it was for weight gain so we'll see how it works - it has 240 calories in one little drink.  That seems crazy and it seems odd to just give her some stuff to drink to help with the weight gain.  I feel like there should be like real foods she should eat?  


Anyone have any other tips on making a baby chubby?

This is today. She got this little stroller from Grandma and Grandpa Palmer for her birthday with a little doll.  She loves her stuffed horse though so she traded the doll out for the horse and off she went.

2 comments:

  1. If you want to feed her real foods, maybe try avocados? They're soft and babies love them. If your doctor says it's okay, peanut butter would also be good.

    I'm sure my babies will have the opposite problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Libbie! I have tried Avocado and she loves peanut butter too. I'm going to start giving her milk after she eats, duh, not sure why I didn't think of that first!

      Delete