So I'm on this cooking dinner for my husband kick. I have NEVER had ANY desire to cook except breakfast in the morning and that's seriously it. Once I cooked gravy. Funny story: my mom had to have knee surgery and she asked if I would make sure my family or more importantly - my dad - gets dinner while she is laid up. I did it one night; I claimed the whole meal. The sad part is that everything was left overs I just turned it in to something else and then ... made gravy. At least it was from scratch. I have never heard the end of it. Now when I tell them I'm learning to cook all they think I feed my cute husband is gravy.
Anyway... I've become obsessed with cooking blogs and searching recipes on google. Mostly because I want more crock pot meals. I LOVE MY CROCK POT!! Ok, I've used it once but that was my favorite and best meal so far! It was the easiest way for me to feel accomplished and like a loving wife after a long day at work!! So I want more recipes!! Please share, whats your fav??
Roni- you sound the like the cutest little housewife:)!! I hope you are putting all those aprons to use as well!!!:) i have some fav.'s- cafe rio chicken, this yummy asian spinach salad, honey chicken, ranch chicken, blah blah...i think you will have to come over to get a hold of them tho:)- and yes- crockpots ROCK!!! Roast & potatoes...mmmmmm- i love food!
ReplyDeleteRoni, You have been cracking me up! What's your email and I will start sending any new recipie I try to you... I love trying new ones too. And you need to share these blogs with me I have a few that I like but they are mostly just desserts. SOMETHING I DO NOT NEED!!! I've actually been thinking about deleting them from the blogs I follow. Check out the Picky Palate. My favorite on there has been the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Layered Rice Krispie Treats. And a good one that is not just desserts is the Pioneer Woman. But my favorite website is allrecipies.com
ReplyDeleteoni!! I love that you are learning to cook! I am all about home cooked meals that are easy but taste like it took you forever so here is one from the kitchen of my mother in law. I know you just tried tacos but these are so different from your typical taco. All you need is a rump roast, a jar of banana peppers (they are not hot at all), and taco shells. Just throw the rump roast and entire jar of banana peppers (juice and all) into a crock pot and fry up some taco shells and once the meat is done cooking just put it together like a taco. I promise you and your husband will be in heaven. I usually just throw a little cheese on the top of the taco at the end. Let me know how it goes :) I want to know what blogs you've been stalking, I need some good cooking blogs to add to my stalk list.
ReplyDeleteUm...It was supposed to start out "RONI!!" but it got cut off...haha o well.
ReplyDeletePlease share your favorite recipes with me! Here's my favorite:
ReplyDeleteSweet and Sour Chicken
6 chicken drumsticks or thighs
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 (8 -ounce) can pineapple chunks with juice, undrained
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon dry mustard
Cook for 3-4 hours. Put chicken and extra sauce over rice.
(I double the sauce recipe so it covers the chicken when cooking)
Gah!!! I love and miss you!!!! This is adorable, and CHELLO totally makes sense! So...one of my fave's that is sooo easy is Bubble Pizza. Biscuits (NOT flaky) cut into 4ths with pizza sauce. Put that into a 9x13. Then add cheese, pep, peppers, or whatever pizza toppings you want!!! Bake it for the amount the biscuits need...sometimes it's a few minutes longer. Anyway, it's sooo good, and a lil' classier than regular pizza. That with a cute salad...oh I love it!!!!
ReplyDelete