Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Updates to my last two posts

I first have to say thanks to for the feed back and encouragement!  I never thought motherhood/parenting would be a breeze but I just didn't realize all t he different things you have to think about and the transition from working full time to not has been a little harder than I expected.  I've tried showering at night but my hair only does well after sleeping on it if it has product in in the day before.  Most days I get up and 5:30/6:00 and take a super fast shower and do my make up as fast as possible.  I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week because who has time for that any way!  I've found a few dry shampoos that I love and they make it possible for me!

Cleaning doesn't happen, lets be real.  I'm not going to be one of those people who scramble to pick up the millions of toys before my visiting teacher comes over.  Not happening.  Looking around my house as I speak, my floor under my kitchen table is covered in newspaper.  I started a project nearly two weeks ago now to paint my kitchen table and chairs and I'm still not done.  I'm close but not done.  My goal is to have it done by the weekend.  Pictures on that will come later.  Coralie's high chair is just sitting out and may or may not still have food on it - I don't remember.  I do see crackers all over the floor under it though so it probably has food on it too.  My island has a variety of cracker boxes out.  I'm loading her up with salt today in preparation for the sweat test tomorrow.  Behind me in the family room toys are everywhere.  I did manage to vacuum yesterday so that's good and I got a bunch of her clothes and shoes put away.

Sleep doesn't happen either.  I force myself to get at least 7 hours a few nights a week.  Every now and then on a Saturday Dave will take Coralie after I nurse her and go play with her so I can sleep in til 8:00.  I NEVER thought I would think that sleeping in until 8 was so amazing, but IT IS!  I feel bad because he gets up at 5 or 5:30 every day so I try to do the same for him sometimes on the weekend too.

Meal time - I am more careful with when I let Coralie get messy.  Breakfast is always a messy meal, unless I feed her something clean.  I like to let her eat on her own, I think it's fun for her and it gives me a little more time to load the dishwasher or something.  I do help her to make sure it does all just end up in crumbles and not in her mouth.  Lunch and dinner depend on if we are going somewhere or if I'm in a hurry or if I just straight up don't want to do another bath.

On a whole different note - we took Cora in to be weighed last week on Thursday.  She didn't gain ANY weight at all.  We went through 12 bottles of pediasure and a gallon of whole milk.  I was surprised that she didn't even gain anything.  She also had to get a a shot which I wasn't expecting so I felt bad!  The nurse said she would review the results with the doctor and let us know what he says.  On Friday I got a call back from the pediatricians office telling me they wanted to do a urine analysis, blood work and a sweat test.  I went in that day for the urine analysis.  They had to put a pee bag on her which I felt bad and she was all worked up when they put it on.  It didn't hurt or anything (it was just adhesive on a bag and then the diaper over it) but I think she was just nervous about what was going on.  Of course the whole hour I was there she didn't pee.  We left with the pee bag still in place and went to do blood work.  She was asleep when I got there so I left and went home.  The next time she went to the bathroom she pooped too so I had to do a new bag.  I took that one in after she finally went and also had them check her out because she had a little mucus in her poop and with all these other tests going on they said to let them know if there was anything else weird.  They were able to test it right away.  It came back with a uti.  Poor girl!  I didn't know and felt so bad I hadn't taken her in a couple days earlier.  I really didn't have any signs other than a diaper rash so I wouldn't have thought to take her in.

Monday I did the blood work.  My mom wanted to come and I was thankful she was there!  I had to hold Coralie with her back towards me in a bear hug so she wouldn't move (or try to keep her from moving).  They put the needle in her arm just like they would on an adult.  She screamed and cried, again I think mostly because she was nervous.  I didn't think I would be so worked up but turns out I was.  I started crying and my mom had to wipe my tears because I had to hold Cora.  It had to have been the saddest thing ever.  I felt so bad for her and now she has a bruise on her arm.  I got a call from the lab yesterday afternoon saying the "ran out of blood" (their words) to do one of the tests and they needed me to come back to draw more blood.  I was SO irritated!!!  Fortunately the doctors office called about 30 minutes later telling me they got the results and everything was normal.  What a relief.  I asked them about going back in to draw her blood again and they said they didn't need the other test and not to worry about it.  Another relief!  I hadn't been stressing about any of this until I scheduled the sweat test on Monday.  I'm not sure why it got me all worked up but it did.  I think it just sounded more involved then drawing blood and I have to go to Phoenix Childrens Hospital instead of just some lab.  That is scheduled for tomorrow.  I have to give her salty snacks and get her to drink 26 ounces of fluid today.  I have to get there 45 minutes early and also have to bring a blanket and a hat for her.  From everything I've read online (which I know I shouldn't have done) it sounds like the sweat test is to test for cystic fibrosis.  I'm just assuming that this is what they will be testing for tomorrow so I'm praying that will come back negative!  Lots of prayers going around our house this week.

I think everything will be fine with her and that she is just a little bitty thing but we'll see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment