I love Easter! We usually spend time with some of my moms side of the family but it didn't really work out that way this year. Dave's schedule got changed on him with a short notice so we didn't get to spend much time together on Sunday. We started out the day by going to church with my parents since he would have to leave before sacrament was even over if we went to our ward. I walked into the building and as soon as I saw my mom I thought "Is this really happening right now??" I hadn't spoke to her that day at all and this is what happened...


The SAME... EXACT... THING! Too funny, some little kid asked if we were twins, I guess at heart we are! I am my mothers daughter.
I had to get a cute picture with me and Davey too. He is so sweet, just look at his cute face, and how handsome does he look!? He is even wearing cute purple and black argyle print socks! (shoulda got a picture) I always think when I look at him how cute our children are gonna be because he is so so cute! and let's face it we look good together!!


My parents have been hiding our Easter baskets our whole lives and my mom still makes my dad hide them... I hate looking for them and as my dad calls it "she is a horrible looker". I can never find mine. This year I found it in the first place I looked - obviously I didn't look very good. Dave hid my dads and to be nice hid it in the same place my dad hid Dave's. Usually all the kids have to go look for the baskets together and my parents send us on a "walk" while they hid them. Growing up we had dogs and could take them and the last few years we just went out back and hung out. I remember growing our own grass when we were kids and used actual baskets. I wanted to do that so bad this year and put Tank in it, how cute would that have been?? Time came and went though and it got too late.

My dad cracks me up! He is seriously such a jokester and I still laugh at his jokes even if they are ones I've heard my whole life. I was lucky and got a few fun pictures of him on Sunday.
The many faces of Dad.

I was sad when Dave had to leave for work, he missed Easter dinner and our traditional egg toss (with raw colored eggs). Since we usually do Easter with quite a bit more family there is usually quite a bit more competition. To be honest I hate the egg toss, the idea of a raw egg cracking and breaking on me or in my hands is not fun. Usually I just back away so I can get out pretty quick. Since there was only, my parents, Ben, Niels, Chelsea and then my cousin Jared and his wife Heather and baby Miles, I backed out and let my mom take my place (dad never joins on this little festivity). I called being the photographer. I'm thinkin I need to take some classes in this field though because my pictures aren't that great. Anyway here are a few pictures of the big to do. I'm not sure who won, I think it's usually the boys though....




All in all we had a good weekend! I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful family (on both sides now)! I'm thankful for the friendships I share with my siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles and all my in-laws. I'm thankful for my wonderful husband and for his love he has for me! I'm in such a good place in life and couldn't be happier! And most of all I'm thankful for the gospel and the happiness it brings into my life!
I think you and your mom are adorable!!! And I agree, you and Dave are going to have great looking kids!
ReplyDeleteLOVE THIS! You are two cute! You and your mom crack me up! Once again, I wish we lived closer so we could have joined you! And Chelsea looks so cute with her little belly!
ReplyDeleteYou GOTTA love that you and yo mama dressed the same! It's that Whipple color pallet you all have a knack for!! Way to be. (Mental Note...) Holidays with the Whipples:
ReplyDeleteBirthdays? Done
Weddings? Done and Done
Thanksgiving? Done
Christmas Kick Off? Done
Christmas Party? Done
New Years? Done
Easter? GOTTA HAPPEN!!!
I'd a loooooved being there on Easter! I wore pink though....on my 12th outfit of the day!!! What's funny is that I kept putting on black! Shoot, shoulda known it was totally cool! But I taught in RS and then gave a talk at the Institute Graduation!
Anywayz....LOVE YOU!!!!
Twins . . . that's funny. You both are adorable. Sounds like a fun Easter. It's fun to have traditions that go way back, even if it involves raw eggs!
ReplyDeleteGreat minds think alike! This would really confuse Ava, because she already thinks you and your mom look the exact same. Love getting your updates...and love your family!
ReplyDeleteyou and your mom do look like twins always. I'm glad you are so happy in your life. It is wonderful. your necklace is very cute in the picture. Also what were you guys drinking? the drinks look really good. Have a happy weekend!
ReplyDeletehaha thats awesome roni- you & your mom are seriously twinners!!! we need to hang out again- its been tooo long!!!
ReplyDelete